With their core application suite running on AWS, Codepak Solutions opted to outsource the management of their AWS environment to AWS-certified Managed Service Provider TerraAlto. With TerraAlto ensuring that Codepak Solutions’ AWS environment remains available, secure and well-maintained, Codepak Solutions are now able to dedicate its IT team to the ongoing development and innovation of their market-leading suite of cloud-based workflow solutions for their customers.
Why Codepak Solutions Choose TerraAlto
- Expertise: As an advanced consulting partner dedicated to AWS since 2013, with significant experience in working with global brands hosting business-critical applications on AWS, Codepak Solutions were confident that TerraAlto had the AWS knowledge and expertise they required.
- Service-Fit: TerraAlto’s comprehensive suite of managed services included everything Codepak Solutions were looking for in an AWS managed service partner: 24×7 AWS monitoring, incident response, ongoing maintenance and security management.
- Value-Added Services: Beyond the core, AWS managed services, the TerraAlto team’s knowledge of other technology areas of relevance to Codepak Solutions such as CICD pipelines, networking and SQL Server means that TerraAlto is a partner with the capability to make a broader contribution to Codepak Solutions over time.
About Codepak Solutions
Codepak Solutions provide innovative, secure cloud-based workflow solutions that allow organisations to connect people, processes and platforms. Hosted on AWS, the Codepak Solutions market-leading suite of solutions for the motor insurance industry include:
- Vehicle Inspection Management System (VIMS) which streamlines the motor insurance claims management process.
- Vehicle Write-Off Notification Solution (VWS) helps insurers comply with regulatory obligations associated with the write-off of vehicles.
- Online Salvage Portal which enables their clients and approved salvage agents to streamline the process for the efficient securing of offers on written-off vehicles
The Customer Challenge
Since launching their application suite on the AWS platform, Codepak Solutions had been maintaining their AWS environment from within their in-house technology team. However, given the company’s core focus on custom application development and innovation, Codepak Solutions decided that strategically, they needed to outsource this requirement to a specialist AWS consulting and managed service partner for the following reasons:
- By outsourcing day-to-day management of their AWS environment to a qualified managed service provider, Codepak Solutions could free up technical resources to focus exclusively on application development and innovation.
- By engaging an experienced AWS consulting partner, Codepak Solutions application developers would continue to have access to the latest information and advice on how to unleash the full potential of AWS services.
TerraAlto provides Codepak Solutions with a Managed Service solution that ensures the Codepak Solutions AWS environment on which they host their application suite remains available, performant, secure, well-maintained and cost-optimised.
This comprehensive suite of managed services includes the following:
- Service Desk: The first point of contact for Codepak Solutions AWS users who wish to raise incidents, access requests and change requests with the TerraAlto managed service team.
- Availability and Performance monitoring: Ensures that AWS availability and performance metrics are monitored on an ongoing basis and that any events and/or breaches of acceptable tolerances are responded to 24-7.
- Incident Response and Resolution: Codepak Solutions’ AWS-related incidents and problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner. New incidents are identified through automated monitoring and alerting, as well as from directly reported incidents from Codepak Solutions AWS users through the TerraAlto Service Desk. TerraAlto cloud engineers are available to respond to incidents 24×7 within pre-agreed SLAs.
- Instance Backup and Recovery: All Codepak Solutions data residing on AWS is backed up regularly using the AWS Backups service and is available for restoration in line with Codepak Solutions’ Recovery Point Objectives and Recovery Time Objectives.
- Capacity Management: Utilises real-time monitoring and threshold-based alerting using AWS CloudWatch and AWS Kinesis to manage the capacity of AWS instances and storage supporting Codepak Solutions workloads.
- Start/Stop Scheduling: Setup and maintenance of automated instance start-stop schedules using AWS EC2 Instance Scheduler and AWS CloudWatch Event Bridge as an input to cost optimization.
- Security Access Management: Ensures that access to Codepak Solutions’ AWS resources remains restricted to authorised individuals and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- AWS Configuration Maintenance: TerraAlto are fully responsible for all aspects of AWS configuration maintenance including changes to AWS EBS Storage, AWS EC2 compute sizing, SSL administration, as well as changes to AWS security groups and networking resource configurations.
- Cost Reporting: On-going monthly reporting of Codepak Solutions’ AWS costs using cost allocation tags to identify and monitor cost trends over time.
- Cost Optimisation: On-going proactive monitoring of Codepak Solutions’ AWS costs to identify and drive reductions in AWS costs.
- Change Management: All changes are reviewed, tested and approved in compliance with Codepak Solutions’ change management policy.
Results and Benefits Delivered
- Speed of Engagement: Using TerraAlto’s onboarding methodology, TerraAlto successfully onboarded the Codepak Solutions AWS environment to the TerraAlto AWS managed service in just 2 weeks.
- Enabling Focus On Business Growth: With AWS environment maintenance outsourced to TerraAlto, Codepak Solutions has been able to focus their IT teams on application innovation and business growth, safe in the knowledge that the availability and security of their AWS environment are being managed by an AWS-certified Managed Service Provider.
- Scalability: Considering the inherent scalability of the AWS platform, along with the flexibility with which TerraAlto can deploy operational capacity, Codepak Solutions now have a platform and a partner capable of supporting their evolving business needs.
TerraAlto is an AWS Advanced Consulting and MSP Partner with an AWS DevOps Competency, who help TerraAlto, a PFH Technology Group company, is an AWS Advanced Consulting and MSP Partner with an AWS DevOps Competency, who helps organisations build and manage advanced solutions utilising AWS services for big data, IoT and enterprise data platforms. With extensive experience in delivering greenfield implementations, migrations and application innovations, TerraAlto have worked with a wide range of client organisations ranging from tech start-ups to large global organizations.
As an approved member of the AWS Managed Service Provider Partner Program, TerraAlto provides 24-7 managed services for AWS environments in Europe and in Asia (including China). As an active participant in the AWS Well-Architected Framework Program, TerraAlto helps its clients to ensure secure and compliant usage of AWS services including the building of automated compliance frameworks for enterprise-wide exception alerting and reporting.