A senior technical person on our DevOPs team working on build & deployment pipelines, automation and Lambda with Python in AWS projects and operations with a focus on best practices, security and maintenance.
The main focus of this role is Build & Deployment automation, CI/CD pipelines, data pipelines and operational automation using Lambda using Python, but due to the nature and size of our company, involvement and exposure to many other technologies is guaranteed for the right candidate.
Responsibilities include architecture, design, implementing and troubleshooting pipelines and automation across multiple build, deployment and operational domains.
- A DevOPs expert working with AWS cloud technologies. Who has been involved in analysis, design, planning and delivery on key client projects and engagements.
- A leader in build, deploy and operational automation within our organization using Lambda, CodeDeploy, Cloudformaton, Ansible and other technologies.
- Proficient in Python scripting with Lambda
- Competent Linux administrator.
- Deep knowledge of optimizing and automating operational activities, including security.
- Working with the project delivery team in a distributed work environment where the work is delivered by TerraAlto team members, third party service providers and client personnel.
- Building knowledge of new technologies as they become relevant to the organization and our client projects.
- Inspiring and leading the technical team. Serving as a role model by promoting good work practices, technical discussion and ongoing learning.
- Play an important part in guiding our technical evolution and the growth of our technical team.
- A technical person who demonstrates strong knowledge and proficiency across a number of technologies.
- Has worked as a valued technical team member.
- Experienced with operations and administration.
- Proficient in build and deployment automation with infrastructure as code and configuration management in AWS environments.
- Organized, quality-oriented and able to manage time and priorities.
- Well able to communicate clearly and concisely in the written and spoken word (in fluent English).
- A clear-thinking problem solver, who is comfortable making decisions.
- Courageous and action-oriented – someone who steps forward and gets ‘stuck in’.
- Flexible, creative and comfortable with change.
- Enthusiastic about learning and ambitious.
- Someone with a sense of humor and a positive outlook on life.
The Must-have Skills
- Very strong DevOPs and automation experience in AWS environments.
- Experience with different CI/CD pipelines and technologies.
- Usage of Git code repositories across teams of developers and administrators.
- Experience and expertise with a range of CI/CD technologies and applications.
- Experienced with Lambda.
- Very good understanding of AWS IAM access management and security model
- Comfortable having superuser level access in corporate environments
- Very strong Python skills is a must
- Good familiarity with AWS services
The Nice-to-have Exposures
- CI/CD relating to data and databases
- Gitlab CI
- AWS CodePipeline, CodeBuild and CodeDeploy
- AWS CLI