A senior technical person in the team working with data and database technologies in AWS projects and operations with a focus on best practices, security and maintenance. Due to the nature and size of our company, involvement and exposure to many data and database technologies is guaranteed for the right candidate. Responsibilities include data architecture, design, engineering and hands on project implementation. Daily activites can include performance tuning, troubleshooting of production issues, running complex analysis, writing complex procedures and scripts, developing frameworks and ETL orchestration.
- Architecture, design, development of, implementation and operation of Data Lakes, Big Data and Machine Learning solutions using AWS technologies.
- Detailed design of Data Lakes including data quality, master data management, data staging, data phases and data cataloguing.
Guiding clients on a journey from initiation to ongoing delivery on big data projects.
- Design and implementation of automated data pipelines using AWS and other services & technologies.
- A leader in database design, performance optimization and administration within our organization using AWS Redshift, MS SQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, MongoDB, AWS RDS and AWS DMS among other technologies.
- Consulting on design and performance optimization in Redshift and other DW technologies.
- Development and support for development of data consumption endpoints including dashboards and API’s.
- Work with Python for data manipulation and AWS automation, including serverless using Lambda.
- Working with the project delivery team in a distributed work environment where the work is delivered by TerraAlto team members, third party service providers and client personnel.
- Building knowledge of new technologies and techniques as they become relevant to the organization and our client projects.
Leading innovation and learning in IoT, ML and Big Data.
- A technical person who demonstrates strong knowledge and proficiency across a number of technologies with the ability to get things done!
- Has worked as a valued technical team member.
Organized, quality-oriented and able to manage time and priorities.
Well able to communicate clearly and concisely in the written and spoken word (in fluent English).
- A clear-thinking problem solver, who is comfortable making decisions.
Courageous and action-oriented – someone who steps forward and gets ‘stuck in’.
- Flexible, creative and comfortable with change.
- Enthusiastic about learning and ambitious.
- Someone with a sense of humor and a positive outlook on life.