The Compliance Officer will be responsible for overseeing, maintaining, and actively improving TerraAlto’s compliance with relevant standards and frameworks. The scope of this compliance role is initially ISAE3402, but in time is expected to expand to cover ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and GDPR.
You will work as part of a team that designs, implements, and provides high-level support for infrastructure services and complex application stacks within Amazon Web Services [AWS]. Visits to Europe-wide customer sites may be required.
TerraAlto, a PFH Technology Group company, is an AWS Advanced Consulting and MSP Partner with an AWS DevOps Competency, which helps organizations build and manage advanced solutions utilizing AWS services for big data, IoT, and enterprise data platforms. With extensive experience in delivering greenfield implementations, migrations, and application innovations, TerraAlto has worked with a wide range of client organizations ranging from tech start-ups to large global organizations.
Location – Remote working from inside the EU, for an Irish-based company.
Benefits – Health insurance. Pension Plan. Bonus scheme. Remote working. Extensive ongoing training and certification. Career opportunities with growing AWS cloud services company.
The responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Ongoing quality assurance of all TerraAlto managed service operational processes and client ticket handling activity against relevant compliance requirements.
- Ensure that any exceptions identified through regular compliance checks are appropriately remediated (e.g. through team coaching and process improvement) with a view to reducing the ongoing risk of exception recurrence.
- Production of monthly ISAE3402 compliance reporting for TerraAlto management and clients.
- Ensure that our team remains up to date with relevant ISAE3402 compliance requirements and process updates.
- Coordination of ISAE3402 audit readiness activities, auditor liaison, and preparation of audit documentation.
- Planning and coordination of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and GDPR compliance activities for the company
- You take ownership: The Compliance Officer is a pivotal and autonomous role in our organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that TerraAlto remains compliant with relevant compliance requirements.
- You are administratively strong and organized: You are comfortable managing your time across multiple priorities and take professional pride in remaining in control of your various work activities.
- You are decisive: You can independently evaluate a situation and arrive at good decisions in a logical and timely manner.
- You are quality-oriented: You become personally invested in ensuring that the risk compliance exceptions are minimized.
- You are enthusiastic about technology: You are comfortable learning how to use new software and enjoy continually expanding your vocabulary of technical terms and concepts. To be successful in this role, you will need to acquire and continually develop a working knowledge of Amazon Web Services cloud technologies (note: we will of course support you with this).
- You are flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with change.
- You work well with people and people enjoy working with you.
- You have a sense of humor and a positive outlook on life
The Must-have Skills;
- You have previously been successful in a compliance role (not necessarily in a technology environment).
- You have previous experience working with auditors and have a good understanding of the audit process.
- You have experience of working with ISAE3402, GDPR, SOC2, SOC3, ISO27001, or equivalent IT compliance frameworks.
- You communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English.
- You are a capable problem solver, comfortable discussing problems with operations management, auditors, and clients. You are confident in coordinating resolution activities.
- You are comfortable planning and project-managing new initiatives (e.g. planning and delivery of a new compliance program).
- You have a continuous improvement mindset: You can look at an operational activity, identify ways to improve it, and then follow through to implement those improvements.
- You are competent in using MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- You have previous experience in a hands-on technical role with a technology product, consulting, or service company.
- A third-level qualification in a technology-related discipline.