We are seeking a senior person with deep knowledge of Linux and automation. We are a fast growing technical consultancy firm, who focus on the design and automation of Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure for enterprise and technical companies. We are an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner, our base is in Smithfield, Dublin and we are building a client portfolio across Europe. We are an evolving and dynamic company working in a responsibility driven environment.
You will work as a senior person on a team who design, implement and provide high level support for both simple and complex application stacks within AWS. Visits to Europe wide customer sites may be required.
Salary – €65k+ and performance related bonus scheme.
Benefits – Health insurance. Bonus scheme. Remote working and flexi-time when and where suitable. Extensive ongoing training and certification. 5 additional ‘surf days’ which can be taken at short notice.
Examples of some current projects;
– Self service web hosting platform on AWS.
– Big data infrastructure using MAPR, MongoDB, Redshift & ElasticSearch.
– IOT Gateway and data processing for a global company.
– Automation of log analysis, alerts and responses across complex application environment.
– Building out of a scalable applicaton stack for suite of applications.
You should have four or more of the following;
• worked as a senior technical team member for the design and implementation of application stack infrastructure.
• worked as a senior technical person on complex projects or migrations.
• deep knowledge of Linux and automation in Linux environments.
• strong knowledge in big data technologies, such as MAPR, MongoDB, etc…
• strong knowledge in CI/CD technologies, such as Code Pipeline, Jenkins, Chef, etc…
• good scripting or coding skills.
• experienced in working with AWS Cloud infrastructure.
Some of the additional skill-sets that would make you suitable for this job are;
• strong knowledge of MS SQL, mySQL or Oracle databases, networking, storage or Microsoft technologies.
• experience with other cloud technologies.
• previous experience as a developer or a senior administrator for development environments.
*** A Dutch speaker would be viewed very favorably ***
Some of the traits we are looking for;
• enthusiasm for technology and learning.
• social skills and communication skills.
• problem solving ability.
• good decision making ability.
• work independently, take the initiative and accept responsibility.
• ability to teach others and share knowledge.
• able to write clearly and concisely.
• able to lead or positively influence a team
• work closely with clients and build lasting relationships with client representatives.
• flexible in your approach to different challenges and roles.
• fluent English.